- Palace Claim Chelsea Scalp At The Bridge
- City Cruise To Victory Against Watford
- Gomis and Ayew Seek to Halt United’s party
- Five Things Ayew’s Swansea must do to beat United
- Weekend Guide for the Spanish La Liga
- BPL: Four must watch games this weekend.
- Watford, Lisbon and Leverkusen make bid for Ghana youngster
- Beijing 2015: Medal Table and Results
- Grant: Why I like to stay in Europe and not Ghana
- #UCLDRAW: Who will Your Ghanaian Stars be Facing?
Ghana set for CHAN opener with Congo
- Updated: January 7, 2014
Maxwell Konadu says he is pleased with Ghana’s preparations ahead of the start of the African Nations Championship in South Africa.
Ghana will kick off in Group C against Congo on Monday in the tournament reserved for only home-based players of member nations.
Konadu is confident his side will up for the challenge as the home-based national team make their third-straight appearance at the finals.
“Yes, we are very ready and positive about our chances in the group,” Konadu told www.ghanafa.org on Tuesday.
“We have prepared well and I hope the players maintain their focus and stick to the plan.”
Konadu and his team arrived in South Africa on Sunday after a week-long camp in Namibia.
“We have enjoyed a good build-up to the tournament. It’s a major competition and we needed this kind of preparations.
“We have tested ourselves enough from our participation it the Wafu Cup till now.
“I hope it goes well and we make a positive impact.”
Ghana are also paired in the same group with Libya and Ethiopia.
The 16-nation tournament will kick-off on 11 January and finish on 1 February 2014.
Latest posts by GhanaFans.com (see all)
- Asamoah Gyan hits back at Abedi Pele - August 27, 2015
- Grant names squad for Rwanda game - August 26, 2015
- Black Queens Cause ‘Financial Loss’ To Travel & Tours Operators - October 25, 2014