- Luiz Felipe Scolari believes Brazil will triumph on home soil
- “Ronaldo will not be a threat”- Maxwell Konadu
- Harrison Afful not in a haste to leave Espérance de Tunis
- Harrison Afful promises results against Portugal
- Frédéric Kanouté praises Gyan for goal-scoring record in Brazil
- “We let Ghana back into the game through mistakes” – Manuel Neuer
- Confident Ghana holds Germany to 2-2 stalemate
- Kwesi Appiah promised positive result against Germany
- Gyan thrilled after equaling Roger Milla’s goal record at the World Cup
- Muntari suspended for Ghana’s final group game against Portugal
Ghana set for CHAN opener with Congo
- Updated: January 7, 2014
Maxwell Konadu says he is pleased with Ghana’s preparations ahead of the start of the African Nations Championship in South Africa.
Ghana will kick off in Group C against Congo on Monday in the tournament reserved for only home-based players of member nations.
Konadu is confident his side will up for the challenge as the home-based national team make their third-straight appearance at the finals.
“Yes, we are very ready and positive about our chances in the group,” Konadu told www.ghanafa.org on Tuesday.
“We have prepared well and I hope the players maintain their focus and stick to the plan.”
Konadu and his team arrived in South Africa on Sunday after a week-long camp in Namibia.
“We have enjoyed a good build-up to the tournament. It’s a major competition and we needed this kind of preparations.
“We have tested ourselves enough from our participation it the Wafu Cup till now.
“I hope it goes well and we make a positive impact.”
Ghana are also paired in the same group with Libya and Ethiopia.
The 16-nation tournament will kick-off on 11 January and finish on 1 February 2014.
Latest posts by GhanaFans.com (see all)
- Featured Article:Why You Should Root for Ghana to Win the World Cup - May 30, 2014
- Real Madrid trio lead Portuguese squad - May 13, 2014
- Klinsmann Names 30-Player Preliminary Roster for 2014 FIFA World Cup - May 12, 2014