- From Brazil with tears: Look who is crying?
- Highlights: More action from the Premier League Round 4
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. dominates Marcos Maidana in rematch
- Freddy Adu takes Bahia to court over wages
- BREAKING: Ghana sacks Black Stars coach Kwesi Appiah
- AFCON 2015 Qualifier: Togo 2-3 Ghana highlights [video]
- AFCON 2015 Qualifiers: Ghana 1-1 Uganda Highlights [video]
- Watch Everton 3-6 Chelsea highlights [video]
- Watch Manchester City 0 – 1 Stoke City highlights [video]
- Watch Burnley 0-0 Manchester United Highlights [video]
Ghana set for CHAN opener with Congo
- Updated: January 7, 2014
Maxwell Konadu says he is pleased with Ghana’s preparations ahead of the start of the African Nations Championship in South Africa.
Ghana will kick off in Group C against Congo on Monday in the tournament reserved for only home-based players of member nations.
Konadu is confident his side will up for the challenge as the home-based national team make their third-straight appearance at the finals.
“Yes, we are very ready and positive about our chances in the group,” Konadu told www.ghanafa.org on Tuesday.
“We have prepared well and I hope the players maintain their focus and stick to the plan.”
Konadu and his team arrived in South Africa on Sunday after a week-long camp in Namibia.
“We have enjoyed a good build-up to the tournament. It’s a major competition and we needed this kind of preparations.
“We have tested ourselves enough from our participation it the Wafu Cup till now.
“I hope it goes well and we make a positive impact.”
Ghana are also paired in the same group with Libya and Ethiopia.
The 16-nation tournament will kick-off on 11 January and finish on 1 February 2014.
Latest posts by GhanaFans.com (see all)
- Freddy Adu takes Bahia to court over wages - September 12, 2014
- Mike Tyson goes crazy on live Canadian TV - September 12, 2014
- BREAKING: Ghana sacks Black Stars coach Kwesi Appiah - September 12, 2014