- Lionel Messi: The lion on the pitch
- Three local players for 30-man provisional World Cup squad
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s time to shine
- Rabiu Mohammed makes injury return to help Kuban
- “I will decide where to go after the season”-Afriyie Acquah
- 24 Players invited for Black Princesses camp
- Gyan scores a hat trick in Al Ain’s 5-goal thriller
- “I will rate Kwasi Appiah 90%”-Former Ghana Defender Joe Addo
- Kwesi Appiah handed draft contract
- Joshua Clottey defeats Anthony Mundine
Ghana set for CHAN opener with Congo
- Updated: January 7, 2014
Maxwell Konadu says he is pleased with Ghana’s preparations ahead of the start of the African Nations Championship in South Africa.
Ghana will kick off in Group C against Congo on Monday in the tournament reserved for only home-based players of member nations.
Konadu is confident his side will up for the challenge as the home-based national team make their third-straight appearance at the finals.
“Yes, we are very ready and positive about our chances in the group,” Konadu told www.ghanafa.org on Tuesday.
“We have prepared well and I hope the players maintain their focus and stick to the plan.”
Konadu and his team arrived in South Africa on Sunday after a week-long camp in Namibia.
“We have enjoyed a good build-up to the tournament. It’s a major competition and we needed this kind of preparations.
“We have tested ourselves enough from our participation it the Wafu Cup till now.
“I hope it goes well and we make a positive impact.”
Ghana are also paired in the same group with Libya and Ethiopia.
The 16-nation tournament will kick-off on 11 January and finish on 1 February 2014.
Latest posts by GhanaFans.com (see all)
- KPB, Schalke win 4-0 over Hoffenheim - March 8, 2014
- Antonio Di Natale leads Udinese past Essien’s AC Milan - March 8, 2014
- VIDEO: Ghana 0-1 Montenegro highlights - March 7, 2014