- Rwandan officials to handle Starlets-Young Elephants final qualifer
- Leave Nyantakyi alone- Nyaho Tamakloe
- Three Ghanaian Referees to officiate in the French and Swiss League
- My aim is to avoid defeat against Japan-Adotey
- Celtic fined over Palestine flags in Champions League game
- Nyantakyi’s victory is good for sports development in Ghana-Fmr.GFA Boss
- Bissah’s scholarship is ‘clean’ – Lutterodt
- Nyantakyi elected FIFA Council member
- Black Maidens loses first choice goalkeeper through injury
- Hosting AWC in Ghana is long overdue-Rosalind Amoh
Ghana set for CHAN opener with Congo
- Updated January 7, 2014
Maxwell Konadu says he is pleased with Ghana’s preparations ahead of the start of the African Nations Championship in South Africa.
Ghana will kick off in Group C against Congo on Monday in the tournament reserved for only home-based players of member nations.
Konadu is confident his side will up for the challenge as the home-based national team make their third-straight appearance at the finals.
“Yes, we are very ready and positive about our chances in the group,” Konadu told www.ghanafa.org on Tuesday.
“We have prepared well and I hope the players maintain their focus and stick to the plan.”
Konadu and his team arrived in South Africa on Sunday after a week-long camp in Namibia.
“We have enjoyed a good build-up to the tournament. It’s a major competition and we needed this kind of preparations.
“We have tested ourselves enough from our participation it the Wafu Cup till now.
“I hope it goes well and we make a positive impact.”
Ghana are also paired in the same group with Libya and Ethiopia.
The 16-nation tournament will kick-off on 11 January and finish on 1 February 2014.