- WATCH: 10 Players Who Should Have Been BANNED for Life
- Baba Yara Sports stadium to host 2016 GHALCA G-6 Tourney
- Jose Mourinho: Manchester United boss charged over pre-Liverpool referee comments
- Ghana will beat Egypt in Alexandria – Accam
- Premier/DOL Clubs given deadline to apply for Licenses
- Nurudeen Ahmed confirms talks with Bolga All Stars job but insists nothing concrete yet
- Patrick Twumasi wins Kazakhstani Premier League with Astana
- Kotoko set to appoint Michael Osei on permanent basis
- Return of Asamoah and Ayew is a huge boost -George Afriyie
- Anthony Davis drops buckets in Season Opener
Ghana set for CHAN opener with Congo
- Updated January 7, 2014
Maxwell Konadu says he is pleased with Ghana’s preparations ahead of the start of the African Nations Championship in South Africa.
Ghana will kick off in Group C against Congo on Monday in the tournament reserved for only home-based players of member nations.
Konadu is confident his side will up for the challenge as the home-based national team make their third-straight appearance at the finals.
“Yes, we are very ready and positive about our chances in the group,” Konadu told www.ghanafa.org on Tuesday.
“We have prepared well and I hope the players maintain their focus and stick to the plan.”
Konadu and his team arrived in South Africa on Sunday after a week-long camp in Namibia.
“We have enjoyed a good build-up to the tournament. It’s a major competition and we needed this kind of preparations.
“We have tested ourselves enough from our participation it the Wafu Cup till now.
“I hope it goes well and we make a positive impact.”
Ghana are also paired in the same group with Libya and Ethiopia.
The 16-nation tournament will kick-off on 11 January and finish on 1 February 2014.