Coming up to the season’s halfway mark, African players have continued lighting up the majority of Europe’s top leagues, but who is currently the continent’s top goalscorer there?
Our list sees the Premier League lead the way with four entries, while Germany’s Bundesliga has three, Serie A two and Ligue 1 one.
Leading the pack is Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, while in second place is Cameroonian Benjamin Moukandjo, followed by Nigerian Odion Ighalo.
Here are the top African goalscorers in Europe:
1) Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Borussia Dortmund) – 17 goals
2) Benjamin Moukandjo (Lorient) – 11 goals
3) Odion Ighalo (Watford) – 8 goals
4) Riyad Mahrez (Leicester City) – 7 goals
5) Salomon Kalou (Hertha Berlin) – 7 goals
6) Andre Ayew (Swansea) – 6 goals
7) Anthony Ujah (Werder Bremen) – 6 goals
8) Gervinho (Roma) – 6 goals
9) Arouna Kone (Everton) – 5 goals
10) Mohamed Salah (Roma) – 5 goals
The major European leagues have all played less than 15 matches so far this season, so it will be interesting to see how much this list changes in the coming weeks.
Credit: Soccer Laduma