- NBA recap of game night 31- November 27, 2015
- Grant: ‘I don’t know if Iñaki is Ghanaian’
- Is Asamoah Gyan 40yrs or Nah?
- NBA recap of game night 30- November 25, 2015
- UEFA Champions League Matchday 5 highlights- November 24-25, 2015
- Keita chooses Senegal over Spain
- Andre Ayew Promises Swansea Fans
- NBA recap of game night 29- November 24, 2015
- Las Palmas manager explains Wakaso bench role
- Zak Ansah Joins Newport County
Ghana set for CHAN opener with Congo
- Updated: January 7, 2014
Maxwell Konadu says he is pleased with Ghana’s preparations ahead of the start of the African Nations Championship in South Africa.
Ghana will kick off in Group C against Congo on Monday in the tournament reserved for only home-based players of member nations.
Konadu is confident his side will up for the challenge as the home-based national team make their third-straight appearance at the finals.
“Yes, we are very ready and positive about our chances in the group,” Konadu told www.ghanafa.org on Tuesday.
“We have prepared well and I hope the players maintain their focus and stick to the plan.”
Konadu and his team arrived in South Africa on Sunday after a week-long camp in Namibia.
“We have enjoyed a good build-up to the tournament. It’s a major competition and we needed this kind of preparations.
“We have tested ourselves enough from our participation it the Wafu Cup till now.
“I hope it goes well and we make a positive impact.”
Ghana are also paired in the same group with Libya and Ethiopia.
The 16-nation tournament will kick-off on 11 January and finish on 1 February 2014.
Latest posts by Staff (see all)
- PHOTOS: Gerald Asamoah handed befitting farewell - November 16, 2015
- Andre Ayew Shortlisted for BBC Gong - November 16, 2015
- Opinion: Why the British High Comissioner goofed on the GFA’s use of FIFA funds - November 8, 2015